The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to have projects repeat? When clicking the Info button while the project is highlighted, the repeat section is grayed out.

If I make each of the actions in the project repeat and they are in sequence, after completing the first action, the next action doesn't become available because it is assuming the repeat of the first action needs to be completed first. Since the repeat will never end, the next action never becomes available.

Thanks in advance.

never mind. I figured it out.

To make a project repeat, select it and open the inspector. Edit the repeat settings as desired. If you have the project still set to "Don't repeat" the "Next Start" and "Next Due" values will be a grayed-out "None" but that changes as soon as you change "Don't repeat" to "Repeat every", "Start again", or "Due again".

You'll either want to repeat a project or repeat its actions, but not both. If you do repeating actions, you usually need to either use start dates or a repeating action group (with no repeat on the actions, just the group) or a parallel project, because the newly created action when you check off the previous one will get inserted right below the one you checked off.