The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

interest in SCXML Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

I'm wondering if OmniGraffle is planning to support SCXML?
http://commons.apache.org/scxml/

It is something that would greatly improve our productivity being able to take UML and bring it into our application directly, as well as having great diagrams that help us visualize issues.

-Mark

...I for one am interested in seeing OmniGraffle support this open standard for semantic representation of state machines. I'd envision "support" entailing:
  • Importing SCXML files and laying them out (similar to DOT), and
  • Exporting SCXML files in a lossy manner (without layout or presentation information), making certain assumptions (e.g. the first label on an edge is the transition event list, the second label, if any, is a condition).