The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Due date without time Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Can I have a due date view without time or -even better and exactly what I need- how can I set due date without time?

Maybe with some kind of script?

In OmniFocus, every start or due date has a time.

Could you provide more information about why you want a "due date without time?" How is that different from "due at midnight"? (Or "due at 6pm" perhaps, if it's a work task?)

I second that wish - OF forces you to be too specific here. I only need due times on my calendar, for tasks due dates are sufficient.

In that case I would just set the default due time to 11:59PM.

Maybe that helps?

I'd like due dates without times because in my world just the date is often good enough and the way OF decides what to show as coming soon means if I mess up a time things don't show up ahead of time Like I expect them to. I know the Mac doesn't have forecast views but I use the Mac to set up what I will work from on my iPhone or iPad.

An example:

I have a project that is to ultrasound all the pregnant ewes. It has a start date of 35 days after breeding and a due date of 45 days after breeding. Given biology the time is irrelevant all I care about is the day.

Similarly when I'm looking at things that have to be done for the new lambs, like vaccinations etc. start and due dates are all that is required, no need for times at all.

I do realize that I can set the time to say midnight or something but it's cumbersome. I'd like simpler options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogiem View Post
I'd like due dates without times because in my world just the date is often good enough and the way OF decides what to show as coming soon means if I mess up a time things don't show up ahead of time Like I expect them to. I know the Mac doesn't have forecast views but I use the Mac to set up what I will work from on my iPhone or iPad.

An example:

I have a project that is to ultrasound all the pregnant ewes. It has a start date of 35 days after breeding and a due date of 45 days after breeding. Given biology the time is irrelevant all I care about is the day.

Similarly when I'm looking at things that have to be done for the new lambs, like vaccinations etc. start and due dates are all that is required, no need for times at all.

I do realize that I can set the time to say midnight or something but it's cumbersome. I'd like simpler options.

As Gameboy123 suggested, you can go to the Preferences, click on the Data icon at the top of the Preferences window. Then change the default time for due dates. Just change it to 11:59 pm.

Whenever you assign a due date, you can just type in the date. There is no need to enter the time. Just type in 12/01 for December 1. OmniFocus will show you just the date in the main window. You have to see the time in the inspector window. You won't ever see the time unless you need it.

If you set the default time to the 11:59 pm, you'll never have to worry about time.