The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Good way to sync OO between iPad and Mac Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
FWIW, I'm using PadSync (http://www.ecamm.com/mac/padsync/). Here's how it works ...

I have a few OmniOutliner documents I want to keep synced between my iPad and my Mac. These outlines were in my ~/Documents folder when I dragged them into PadSync, which works sort of like iTunes, except it automatically keeps files synced.

The OO docs I dragged from ~/Documents immediately showed up on my iPad.

When I edited the documents on the iPad and synced back to the Mac, the changed documents were not in ~/Documents ... they were in the ~/Application Support/PadSync folder (because that's where PadSync stores them). The original versions in my ~/Documents folder were un-changed.

Since Lion hides the Library folder, and I want easy access to these outlines on my Mac, I've gone into the Application Support/PadSync folder, created aliases, and moved those aliases into my ~/Documents folder. Now, when I want to access my documents on my Mac, I just go into my Documents folder and click on the aliases.

The nice thing about PadSync is that whenever I sync the iPad to the Mac, PadSync automatically copies the most recently-changed file onto the other device.

So if anyone's looking for easy syncing (until iCloud comes out), here's one way.