The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Adding Tasks in project view w/"next" filter Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If I'm in project view w the "next" filter applied, and I try to add a task – the task gets added, but it's immediately filtered out so I can't see it to change it's properties. I wind up with hidden, blank tasks.

Is this because I'm not following KGT properly, or is this a UI challenge that is just still a little wonky?

Do you have a post June 1 build? They fixed that recently, and it works for me. Now they stick until you hit clean up.

I have today's build. They only stay in inbox. If I'm already in a folder, in a project, and populating it with tasks, the get hidden immediately. :(

Hmm, odd. My filter settings are: Active projects / Ungrouped / Unsorted / Next / Any.

I hit return in a project and can put down a half-dozen new tasks, or whatever, and they all stay visible until I press Cmd-K. Then I need to set the filter to All to see them.

(b87919)

My settings are Active Projects / Folder / Start / Next / Any, and I'm focused on a folder. Hopefully this will be addressed by Omni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrover
My settings are Active Projects / Folder / Start / Next / Any, and I'm focused on a folder. Hopefully this will be addressed by Omni.
Make sure you report that with Send Feedback. It looks like the presence of sorting/grouping is causing the Next filter to be applied before you choose clean-up.

The duplication issue is happening because you are focused on a folder. We know about it and will try to have it fixed soon!