The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Growl Notification? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When a task's start date passes, its due date comes within the 'Due Soon' range set up in preferences or when its due date passes. Please let us know if you find cases where these aren't showing up correctly.

Launched OF today to be greeted with Growl alerts noting all of my due or past due (--ahem) items.

I had a damned screenful of them! :eek:
Growl is working nicely (?), thank you very much.

Anthony DeCrescenzo

False Alarm , something was wrong with my Growl.. I restarted Growl and it was ok

I would only expect OmniFocus to show you actions that had become due soon/overdue since the last time you ran the application (that is, it should not show you things that were already known to in that state before). If you are seeing older overdue actions pinging you again, this would seem like a bug.

This might already be coming, but I would appreciate the option to make the notifications persistent.
That would allow me to see them even If I wasn't in front of my computer at the right time, and give me time to read them if there are too many!

Set up your preferences in Growl for each type of notification. Make it "sticky" if you want it to hang out until you manually dismiss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNik View Post
Set up your preferences in Growl for each type of notification. Make it "sticky" if you want it to hang out until you manually dismiss it.
So obvious... but thank you!
I had so much trust in OmniFocus, that I was looking for that option inside its preferences, while it clearly should be in Growl Preferences.

I've got a problem with Growl notifications. OmniFocus pops up notifications for actions, action groups, and projects which are past due. All good. Except for one thing, it does this even if those actions, action groups, or projects have been marked complete! Is anyone else seeing this behaviour? I’ve tried re-building my database but it hasn’t fixed the problem. This has been the case for every build since when Growl was introduced.

Richard, you're not alone. I've submitted the bug via feedback and suggest that you do too.

Oops. Fixed in 96171 =)