The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How do I remove all data and start clean? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Long story short, I tried another app, didn't like it, and am back with OmniFocus for Mac and iPhone.

I'd like to clear out my database, settings, custom perspectives, and start from scratch. What's the easiest way to do this?

I'd rather not lose my Mac-iPhone sync settings if possible, but if the easiest way to do the above is delete everything and re-install, I guess I don't mind setting it back up.

But before I did that I thought I would see if there's an easy way to just "wipe the data".

??

If you quit OmniFocus, then remove this folder:
<your home folder>/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus

your data will be reset without touching your preferences. Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
If you quit OmniFocus, then remove this folder:
<your home folder>/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus

your data will be reset without touching your preferences. Hope that helps!
Perfect! Thanks for the quick response!

I did the reset, but when I sync to mobile me it says
"Replace your database and start syncing?"

I want to sync the projects and tasks that I just created on my local machine, and I want to discard what's on mobileme. How can I do that?

-Vik

If you want to replace what is on MobileMe with the stuff on your device, use File->Replace Server Database...

HA! Right there, in front of my eyes!

Thanks! That worked just like it was intended. I'm all set.

-Vik

Quote:
Originally Posted by viksolem View Post
HA! Right there, in front of my eyes!
Isn't that always the case, when you know where to look? :-)

Glad to be able to help.