The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Warn on quit if download in progress Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Exactly what it says in the title... twice now I have quit the app and then realised that I have killed my downloads (often from non-resumable servers such as megaupload etc). It would be nice to have a checkbox in the download preferences that says "warn on quit if downloads in progress" or something. To be honest, I would think that would be the default.

I agree. I just did this tonight.

I agree. That's a good idea.

Add another vote for this one, I just came here to specifically make a post for this feature. I'm currently downloading a 6.9 GB file and am very afraid I'll forget and quit OmniWeb mistakenly. :)

6.9 GB over HTTP? Are you insane?

If it fails for whatever reason you may want to try curl or wget. I think curl comes with Mac OS X. Open up Terminal.app and type:

curl -O "http://www.whatever.com/blahblahblah"

If the server supports resuming you would be able to resume your transfer with

curl -C - -O "http....."

You should be able to resume any partially downloaded file from Omniweb like that, as long as it is named correctly. I haven't tried though... if you already had a couple of gigs down you might want to back it up until you have resumed ok.

If you are downloading from something like megaupload where you have to enter stuff before you can download, it wouldn't be so simple.