The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unified Toolbar? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoop
Hi all

Sorry to interrupt in your thread but what is actually a unified toolbar ?
It's the new-look toolbar that appeared in Tiger. The window titlebar and toolbar are drawn as one unified gradient, with no separation between the two areas -- in effect the entire toolbar has become part of the titlebar.

The most obvious place to see it is in Mail (but ignore the new buttons, they're a different issue!)

Not only is it more attractive (subjective of course) but it provides a larger drag target -- some have pointed to this as a drawback, as you could theoretically miss a button and inadvertently move the window, but I've not found this to be an issue in practice.

Thanks Marc for the good explanation of the unified toolbar. I guess it would be good to look closer at the toolbar in the apps you mentions.

Thanks again.

The unified windows are nice, but the preferences should be regular aqua, not unified, since every application made by Apple (and most not made by apple) do this regardless of what type of windows the app uses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livings124
The unified windows are nice, but the preferences should be regular aqua, not unified, since every application made by Apple (and most not made by apple) do this regardless of what type of windows the app uses.
Have you seen System Preferences lately? ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlurie
Have you seen System Preferences lately? ;)
System preferences is its own application. I'm talking about individual application preferences. Find me one that isn't regular aqua (that's not from a third party).

Am I missing something? My SP10 toolbar is unified (albeit not with the favorites bar).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam
Am I missing something? My SP10 toolbar is unified (albeit not with the favorites bar).
What, exactly, are you replying to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam
What you're missing is that this thread started before the sneaky peeks got the unified toolbar enabled. Its an outdated thread!