The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Working with two computers Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
I am new to OmniFocus. I am running it on my work machine and on my home machine also. I would like to be able to synch the two versions I am sure that his has been covered elsewhere. Please direct me to the best discussion. Thanks so much.

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=6189 covers a number of your options with OmniFocus 1.0

OmniFocus 1.1 will allow syncing via WebDAV servers (such as MobileMe). A sneaky peek is available, but it has a lot of potential right now for crashing and destroying your data, so I would discourage a new user from signing up unless it's really a last resort. (By the time it's promoted to a regular beta, we'll have most of those hazards removed.)

I think I know the answer, but just to confirm... there is no facility to synchronise my Omnifocus database with my .Mac account - is that right (I know about iCal sync. but that is not what I am looking for)?

If so, that's a shame - I have just moved my stuff from iGTD for the nicer interface in Omnifocus, but forgot to check whether it had this feature.

Ian.
--

OF 1.0.2, the current version, does not include .Mac syncing. The 1.1 version, currently in limited "sneaky peek" testing, does includes synchronization via .Mac, which Apple is re-branding as MobileMe next week. (You can also sync via your own WebDAV server if you would prefer saving some money but doing your own tech. support.)

Ken posted a link to the sneaky peek sign-up here.

I think I'm just reposting what Lizard said. Did I misunderstand your question?

Curt

Curt,

Thanks for the quick reply. No, you didn't misunderstand the question, but you did spell out the answer for the benefit of my slow wits :-)

Ian.
--