The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sharing/Assigning Tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I LOVE Omnifocus! I am starting a new partnership and have got my partner hooked on it as well. However, we would like to be able to keep our project tasks in sync as well as assign them to each other. So really I see two challenges here:

1. Is it possible to do some sort of assignment? I have been trying to think of a way to use contexts to accomplish this. However, the only way I could think of is to have person specific contexts. That seems that it would get out of control fast. Has anyone else come up with a nice way of doing this?

2. How can I sync tasks with my partner? I was thinking with the WebDav syncing coming with the new iPhone release. Could I sync to multiple WebDav servers? Could I sync to MobileMe (for my iPhone) as well as an additional server for my partner and me. Also, I don't want to sync all tasks. Will there be a way to only sync certain tasks?

I appreciate any help that you may be able to provide!

Cheers
Joe

Welcome to the forums! There are a couple threads on this page that will be helpful. (Specifically, you want the "How to deal with tasks/actions involving multiple people" thread and the ones in the "OmniFocus on multiple computers and with multiple people" section.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeworkman View Post
Could I sync to multiple WebDav servers? Could I sync to MobileMe (for my iPhone) as well as an additional server for my partner and me. Also, I don't want to sync all tasks. Will there be a way to only sync certain tasks?
I suppose you could sync to .Mac, then change the settings in the preference pane and do a sync to your own WebDAV server, but that's all I can think of.

By default, the app assumes you want to sync all your tasks to a single location. Workgroup collaboration is something we've discussed for some future build of the app, but right now, the app is primarily designed around a single-user workflow...