The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Summary of tasks for today? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewF View Post
I'm still a bit confused. ianpiper wanted to know how to find what is due today. That makes sense to me, if I have used the inspector to flag actions and assign a date, I want to know what I need to complete today. I used Ian's (useful) reset of "due soon" in preferences to 24 hours. But I don't see anything at all. Just before I did that, I went through (weekly review) and set five tasks for today. So either it set them for, e.g. noon today and now it is 12:05 so they are technically "past due" and not "due soon." Or something else is wrong. Can anyone help me figure out why nothing is showing up?
Either way, it seems like finding a list of things one needs to due today should be fairly straightforward. It is in general GTD philosophy.
Thanks.
For a list of actions due today, switch to context mode (cmd-2 or View->Context Mode). Select everything in the sidebar, if not already selected. Bring up the view bar, if not already present (cmd-shift-V or View->Show View Bar). Set the view bar selectors to Active, Due, Due, Due Soon (or Due or Flagged), Any Duration, Any Flag State. Close all of the resulting groups except the one for Due today. Use Perspectives->Save Window as New Perspective to save for future use (you can use View->Customize Toolbar to add a button to the toolbar to get it with a single click).

I've reverted to default view in context. What would be the simplest way to bring up "today" only tasks? If I change "Group Actions" from "context" to "due", there is no change. Similarly with "Sort actions" from "project" to "due." When I change "Show actions with Status:" to "due soon" everything disappears (due soon is now set to 24 hours in preferences). And my flag state has reverted to "any flag state."
What would be proper filter set? Thanks for any help. I assume I'm missing something obvious, but (of course) am not seeing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewF View Post
I've reverted to default view in context. What would be the simplest way to bring up "today" only tasks? If I change "Group Actions" from "context" to "due", there is no change. Similarly with "Sort actions" from "project" to "due." When I change "Show actions with Status:" to "due soon" everything disappears (due soon is now set to 24 hours in preferences). And my flag state has reverted to "any flag state."
What would be proper filter set? Thanks for any help. I assume I'm missing something obvious, but (of course) am not seeing it.
The only thing that I can think of is that you set the start date, not the due date, on the actions. Or, you have one of the contexts selected, in which none of the actions have a due date (you might to check that you have the "contexts" item near the top of the sidebar selected). If you've set due dates on some actions and not others, and you are changing the grouping from project to due, I can't think of any way that there would be no change. You might want to email the support ninjas.

Wow do I feel dumb. All other newbies please note: start and due dates are easy to confuse. That was the problem.
Thanks Lucas.

Glad to help!