The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Task-specific reminders or calendar sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Greetings Omni People,

Is there a taks-specific way to create reminders or to synchronize with an iCal calendar which could provide the necessary alarm?

I don't use alarms/reminders/iCal sync/whatever because I don't want to get notifications for all my tasks. Just some of them.

It seems like there should be an easy to way to do this, but I've not been able to figure it out.

Let me know if I can provide more detail.

Thanks!

If you want notifications/alarms for tasks, there is no need whatsoever to sync with a calendar.

You just need to be running iOS 4.0 or later (Really, I'd say 4.3.5 as that's the latest, unless you're on Verizon). Go to OmniFocus settings and enable notifications. Then for tasks where you've set a due date/time, you will get a notification.

Again, no need to sync with an iCal calendar to do that. Synching with iCal is rarely necessary anymore, and I don't know that it even works with non-local calendars (which is what MobileMe moved to 6 months ago, or so).