The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quick-look vanished? [Now fixed.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quick-look (press space to preview a document) used to be in OmniOutliner 4 but it's suddenly vanished!

What happened?

Quick Looking an OmniOutliner file? Or Quick Looking attachments in an OmniOutliner file? The Quick Look generator used to preview OO files has never worked in OO4 but the one from OO3 was working. Unfortunately it isn't compatible with Mavericks so that might be what you've encountered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Quick Looking an OmniOutliner file? Or Quick Looking attachments in an OmniOutliner file? The Quick Look generator used to preview OO files has never worked in OO4 but the one from OO3 was working. Unfortunately it isn't compatible with Mavericks so that might be what you've encountered.
Both, actually.

Right, I understand regards the Quick Look situation then.

As regards to images, they keep reverting from the 'embed' tab to 'attachment' tab every time I close the file. So if I want to have the images 'appear' in the document I have to manually go through the entire document to sort this out. Quite annoying, really.

Is this a known bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidic View Post
As regards to images, they keep reverting from the 'embed' tab to 'attachment' tab every time I close the file. So if I want to have the images 'appear' in the document I have to manually go through the entire document to sort this out. Quite annoying, really.

Is this a known bug?
Yeah, that'll be fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Yeah, that'll be fixed.
I welcome the return of the quick-look feature. Absolutely fantastic.

Also looking forward to seeing the embedded image issue fixed.

Quote:
Also looking forward to seeing the embedded image issue fixed.
This should be fixed in today's builds. (As well as Quick Look previews from Finder.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
This should be fixed in today's builds. (As well as Quick Look previews from Finder.)
Ah interesting. I thought it was fixed completely, as it works perfectly fine in DEVONthink.

Quote:
Ah interesting. I thought it was fixed completely, as it works perfectly fine in DEVONthink.
Oh, yes, that too. Really, what I meant to say (more generally) was that Quick Look previews of OmniOutliner documents from other apps should now be working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Oh, yes, that too. Really, what I meant to say (more generally) was that Quick Look previews of OmniOutliner documents from other apps should now be working.
Fantastic.