The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Bonjour sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Moving OF database to a different Mac Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is my first post to an Omni Forum.

I'm running OmniFocus on an old iMac, a new MacBook and an iPhone. The master database is on the old iMac. I sync the devices through Bonjour on a WiFi network. My old iMac is dying and I'd like to make the MacBook copy of the database into the master copy. Will still continue to sync with the iPhone. What's the best way to do this?

Version info: OF for Mac v1.7.5
OF for iPhone v1.6.1

Thanks, Rob

Rob, sorry for the late reply! We browse the forums as we're able to do so, but if you want a guaranteed reply, you can always email the support ninjas and we'll get back to you ASAP.

To migrate your bonjour server from one machine to another, just do the following:
  1. Make sure the devices are fully synced. (Sync all three devices at the same time, in other words.)
  2. Switch the MacBook from "Connect to an existing database" to "Keep the sync database on this Mac". When asked, choose a password for your sync database.
  3. Use the "Send Settings" or "Share Settings" button on the MacBook to get the new sync settings to your other devices.
  4. If the other devices ask you which database to keep, tell them to keep the Server database.

Does that help?