The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is build 93122 broken? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,
I’ve just updated OMF the latest revision (93122), added a new action. Then I made a clean up (CMD-K) and poof! the action is gone, deleted.
I rebuilt the database but I get the same result; and it’s 100% repeatable.

i wasn't able to replicate that on my end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgio Valoti View Post
Hi all,
I’ve just updated OMF the latest revision (93122), added a new action. Then I made a clean up (CMD-K) and poof! the action is gone, deleted.
I rebuilt the database but I get the same result; and it’s 100% repeatable.
Are you sure it's gone from the database or simply filed under certain project/context and not shown in your view any more.

Besides view bar settings, you might also check the Inbox. Actions that aren't fully specified sometimes end up there.

Curt

If the action is empty, it will be deleted. Right now this happens if an action has:

- no name, note
- no children
- no context

This was a request from users who hit return to finish editing a task, getting a new empty task that they sometimes want and sometimes don't.

If this doesn't describe what you hit, make sure to report it to the ninjas.

Thank you all for reminding me to double check the filter settings! The duration filter was set to “30 min”…
However, I really think the view bar status should be much more clear: for example, the color could change when a filter is applied; something like that.

Well, at least my trust level in OMF is restored. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgio Valoti View Post
Thank you all for reminding me to double check the filter settings! The duration filter was set to “30 min”…
However, I really think the view bar status should be much more clear: for example, the color could change when a filter is applied; something like that.

Well, at least my trust level in OMF is restored. ;-)
We spent some time talking about this on Friday; right now the idea is to put a little (x) button to the right of the filter ribbon to clear the settings back to the factory defaults. This might serve as enough indication that something is 'interesting' about the settings -- if not we also discussed highlighting the individual settings that are different from defaults, but we don't want it to be distracting, so we are starting small.

Well, given my past experience, I’d err on the side of distraction ;-)
Other opinions?

I think a change to the background color or a border around the pill would be helpful.