The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sharing OPML with PocketThinker Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Greetings -- I'm using PocketThinker (PT) for Windows Mobile, an outliner which understands OPML, to share outlines with OmniOutliner 3 Pro (OO3Pro) on my Mac --

http://pocketthinker.com/

I use the MissingSync's File Sync to synchronize a folder full of outlines between my Mac and my Windows Mobile device, and it works just fine. I keep the Mac folder under version contol in case I edit both locations before I get to sync.

PT uses attributes such as expanded or progress for each line, and to remember text styles. If I set any of those in PT, OO3Pro shows them as columns.

I wonder whether there're any ways to leverage OO3Pro functionality to interpret those columns as they are intended in PT? E.g., instead of progress 100 show a checkbox checked, instead of expanded 1 in fact expand, etc.

Otherwise I'd have to stick to plain PT outlines. They're good already, but seeing all the functionality in OO3Pro makes one wish there was some kind of configurability to interpret XML attributes from a foreign OPML version in OO3Pro!

Cheers,
Alexy