The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraphSketcher > OmniGraphSketcher General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Handwriting Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,
I'm new, so I don't know if it's an obvious question; I tried to search in the forum, but I didn't find anything.
Is there a way to have some handwritten notes with any of the omni products?

Is there a handwritten notes app for the iPhone?
Will it be possible to take handwritten notes on the new iPad with the iPad app?

Thanks

Mac OS X supports handwriting recognition with it's "Ink" support, but none of the Omni apps are designed for taking handwritten notes.

There are probably "Scratch Pad" type notes applications in the App store, but I don't have any experience with any of them. Sorry I can't help more!

if you own a digitizing tablet and software which with training can recognize your handwriting, then you can paste that recognized text into omni software.
digitizing tablets are often bundled with such software for non-artists and many versions of microsoft office have handwriting recognition built in.

it is also reasonable to assume that apple will make handwriting recognition software available on the ipad even though it is already known that the ipad shall integrate with the current generation of apple bluetooth wireless keyboards.

any questions regarding whose hand writing recognition technology will be sold on the ipad platform seems speculative. yet i do not see why apple would not let third party companies from marketing this at their app store in addition to whatever they chose to provide integrated into the ten dollar version of pages.

i should also add that you do not need a digitizing tablet to enter handwritten notes because there is plenty of ocr software that will do this for you. as an example: write a note, take a picture of it with your iphone, email the picture to your mac, let your mac process the text from the image, then use the text.

i do not blame omni for avoiding the building of software technology on top of this dog and pony show.

Last edited by mrglsmrc; 2010-02-05 at 11:20 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtep View Post
Is there a handwritten notes app for the iPhone?
Hi dtep,

There's quite a few actually, depending on what you want. My favorite is iJot. There is also FastFinga and Speedtext. I like iJot the most because it feels the most "natural".

Enjoy!