The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omni 4.0 Suggestions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
After being away from Omni Outliner for a couple of years I have returned from the land of OneNote (vmware), notebook, devonthink, curio, scrivner, journler, etc-- all good programs -- I must confess that I am a fan of OneNote but NOT the OS it must run in...

but back I am at OmniOutliner Pro... clean interface... flexibility... ui... integration with os x and the "new" services... like returning home... so much so that I have been painstakingly converting all of my information from OneNote to OO...

if not too late what would make OO 4.0 perfect for me is the

1. tab/section structure of OneNote... unless this is a patented/copyright UI, I can't imagine why this isn't duplicated more... this is the genius of OneNote -- let's move away from the iTunes UI... it is feeling old and cluttered to me when used for everything

2. integration with ical and email-- esp todo lists

and

3. the choice of a blank page where you can click and type, paste, whatever objects you want and arrange them...

these 3 features would put OO beyond reach from my POV... but if I had to choose I would prioritize 1 and 2!

would welcome your feedback on these suggestions...