The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Possible to enable PDF / RTF viewing in Omniweb? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I could be wrong, but I believe that the ability to view PDF and RTF in the browser are built into Webkit. Is this possible to enable for Omniweb?

Not sure about rtf--but yes WebKit does now support PDF--however our context menu support overrode the builtin context menu so there were no options for opening it up in Preview, etc. so we disabled it by default.

You can re-enable support using defaults:
Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 WebKitOmitPDFSupport -bool false

You might also want to have a look at this plugin:
http://www.schubert-it.com/pluginpdf/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
You might also want to have a look at this plugin:
http://www.schubert-it.com/pluginpdf/
Not a universal binary, sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilio
Not a universal binary, sadly.
So non universal binary plugins doesn't work via Rosetta? I am asking since even lower than 100 mhz portable devices can display pdf fine.

I would check if it can work.

Plug-ins will only work via Rosetta if the browser is also running the PPC code in its universal binary in Rosetta as well, rather than as an Intel app.