The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problem importing mmp Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Big problem last night when I lost all the task names, and instead got a numbered list, when importing an mmp file that had been saved in Vista.
Is it me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillGemmell View Post
Big problem last night when I lost all the task names, and instead got a numbered list, when importing an mmp file that had been saved in Vista.
Is it me?
It's not you Bill, this is a known issue in OmniPlan right now. In Microsoft Project 2007 they significantly changed the file format and we haven't updated our importer to be compatible with the new format. We'll be working on this for OmniPlan 2.0.

Some of our users have found that if they export as a Project 2003 file or open the file in Project 2003 and re-save them they'll import into OmniPlan fine.

Hmm. I just downloaded, today, v1.5.1, and tried to import a MS Project 2003 .mpp file, and it crashes in all cases: whether it's on a network share, or locally. I had OP send in the diagnostic report.

On Windows, if I save as a MS Project 98 .mpp file, I can load it in OP, but that's not a realistic solution for me. I'll keep checking the forums to see if there's a fix for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNiceGuy View Post
Hmm. I just downloaded, today, v1.5.1, and tried to import a MS Project 2003 .mpp file, and it crashes in all cases: whether it's on a network share, or locally. I had OP send in the diagnostic report.

On Windows, if I save as a MS Project 98 .mpp file, I can load it in OP, but that's not a realistic solution for me. I'll keep checking the forums to see if there's a fix for this.
Interesting, did you happen to send the MS Project file in along with your diagnostic report?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwong View Post
It's not you Bill, this is a known issue in OmniPlan right now. In Microsoft Project 2007 they significantly changed the file format and we haven't updated our importer to be compatible with the new format. We'll be working on this for OmniPlan 2.0.

Some of our users have found that if they export as a Project 2003 file or open the file in Project 2003 and re-save them they'll import into OmniPlan fine.
Hi guys,

Totally luvin' the Omni software... I've got it all! One little problem... my colleagues are using Project 2007 to post to Sharepoint, so I am in a bit of a bind trying to read the files. Any idea when we can expect OmniPlan 2.0 with the Project 2007 import?

Thanks,

Richard