The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wish: Include links in Export to HTML Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use Export to Simple HTML to share my task lists with my clients, publishing the generated page in a password-protected area of my website.

I added a task that links to two Web pages:
  1. In OmniWeb, select the URL in the toolbar.
  2. Use "OmniFocus: Send to Inbox" to create a new task automatically linked to the current page.
  3. Scroll down in the page, and copy a link to another page.
  4. In OmniFocus, paste that link at the end of the task note.
At this point, the task note looks like this:
Verizon FIOS customers getting searchjacked - Download Squad

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/11...-searchjacked/

Verizon Online - Help & Support - Opting out of DNS Assistance

The first two lines came from Send to Inbox. The second line is actually redundant in OmniFocus because the first line links to that URL.

The third line was from pasting a URL into the note. Either OmniWeb or OmniFocus looked up the page title because the link I copied appeared in the page like this:
http://netservices.verizon.net/porta...n&product=fios
A problem arises when I publish this task using Export to Simple HTML: The task note looks like this:
Verizon FIOS customers getting searchjacked - Download Squad http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/11/09/verizon-fios-customers-getting-searchjacked/ Verizon Online - Help & Support - Opting out of DNS Assistance
Since no actual links appear in the generated HTML, the second link is lost. The first link does appear, but only due to the redundant URL line from Send to Inbox.

What I'd like is for Export to Simple HTML to generate the page with actual links. Perhaps what I'm requesting is Export to Rich HTML.

[submitted as formal feedback]

Last edited by Ward; 2008-03-26 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: fix typo

Here here! I too could *really* use this feature.

Thanks, ambi, for reawakening this topic.

As I review my post from March '08, I realized I really could use "live" HTML pages from OmniFocus.

-- Ward