The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OMNI: Possible iDisk bug, we need your help. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Got home from subway commute. Carefully synced changes from iPod OF to MobileMe cloud. Turned on MacBookPro, opened OF, synced. Everything matched. Perfect. Closed iPhone OF, turned OFF iPhone.

Worked on and off for the next hour on the MacBookPro OF. Then up pops a message: server copy of database out of sync with local copy. So I pick server--it's been syncing, right?--and lose all my changes from the last hour. Try reverting to backup, desperately hoping, but it's half an hour old.

I am ready to cry.

Much happier this morning. Turned off Sync in OF Desktop. Deleted OF from iPhone. Am now using small paper notebook and pen during subway commute. Much more dependable. No down time. No time wasted syncing or troubleshooting syncing.

But I'm checking iTunes Store hourly for 1.0.3 update release. Don't know if it will fix these MobileMe sync problems, but I certainly hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
Then up pops a message: server copy of database out of sync with local copy.
I'm really sorry this happened - unless you've actually have reset the server or local databases, this dialog shouldn't appear.

If anyone sees this again on a desktop machine, it would be helpful if they could zip up the local and server databases, then send them to us so we can figure out why this dialog showed up.