The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

More "mail rules" options Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The capabilities of the mail rules options are very limited. I want to have multiple options for sending mail to OF.

For instance, I am only able to forward any email with the beginning subject line of "(Jott to Self)", or having +omnifocus in the recipient address. Jott is a great voice messaging system that transcribes vmails to myself into text. The thing is, those are the only two options I have, and I must only pick ONE of them! What if I want to make text messages from my phone to my email to forward straight omnifocus? 'Tisn't possible.

Okay, so I went to Mail.app and tried to manually add in my txtmsg forwarding.

I added a new rule that mirrored the original one that OF had automatically made for my Jotts, and it does not work.

So what I want, is a lot more options for the mail rules feature. It'd be awesome.

This should work, as long as you add the From address to the list of allowed addresses in OmniFocus as well. The script that is invoked checks your the addresses white-listed in the Mail preferences to prevent spammers from pushing stuff into everyone's OmniFocus inboxes.

thank youuu!

Recenelloa, you can also edit the mail rule (in Mail) after OF has created it. So if you don't want to have +omnifocus in the "to" address (due to a limitation with Jott, or for some other reason), just change the rule to look for email to a designated email inbox alias, e.g. "todo@mydomain.com".