The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Action/appointment forewarning Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I know there has been some discussion about making connections with the iphone calendar app etc. however, my request is quite simple. I'd like to get a forewarning of an impending action or appointment popup on my iphone in the same way that the actual action/appointment pops up. I do not connect to a Mac (or PC). Also I do not use any syncing service on the internet. I run Omnifocus on my Iphone by itself.

So what I like could take two forms
1. have a setting in the setting toolkit that actions/events are forewarned by x minutes or hours. This would be a user defineable but global setting. (Some people might choose a setting of zero i.e. no default.)
2. have a field in each action/appointment where the global setting can be overridden.

For example, I set as a global default that I would like a 15 minute warning for all my actions/appointments. But for a particular action/apppointment I can override it by choosing a particular warning amount. I might choose 1 hour for an appointment that has 40 minutes travelling time.

It seems to me that this kind of forewarning is an essential part of time management and by configuring it as above there would be flexibility

Thanks for listening!

Warm regards/gary

Last edited by garyo; 2011-05-04 at 12:27 AM.. Reason: better title for post