The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Not updating after being backgrounded? [Updates delayed on resume; will fix.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is anyone else seeing this behavior? I recall this happening a lot when I upgraded my phone to 4.0, and now that my iPad has "multitasking" I'm seeing it again.

It appears that OF isn't recognizing when it's brought back from the background. For instance, I had it open earlier in the morning and went on to some other programs. It's been off for a few hours and now I bring OF back to the foreground and an item that was due at 12:00 pm today is still grayed out as if it's not available yet even though it's 2:44 pm. (I'll be sending a screenshot to the ninjas tonight.)

Just wanted to know if anyone else is seeing this. It's been happening since yesterday, and the only way I can force OF to notice the new time is to forcibly quit it in the multitasking bar and restart the app; then it updates normally.

Dave

Dave, I'm sorry for the trouble this is causing! I just heard from one of the engineers - it turns out if the iPad went to sleep while OmniFocus was in the background, updates like this could get delayed. They don't stop, but they will fire late.

We don't want to delay the version that's currently in Apple's review pipeline by pulling the release to add this, but we will get it fixed in an update. Sorry for the trouble.

Just realized I didn't send the screenshot. And this explains the behavior I'm seeing, where sometimes it works correctly. :)

Thanks for the answer!