The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Script for getting rid of task notes automatically? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hello.

I've setup certain iCal alarms to show up in OF as tasks (via the +omnifocus email).

Everything is great, except for one detail:
OmniFocus will add as a Note the title of the iCal event.
This is a big deal to me because I use notes exclusively for tasks that have actual notes I need to read. The way it is now, it annoys me to open a note only to find out it is not really a note but some iCal debris.

I realize this is the way iCal emails the alarms (it copies into the body of the email the title of the event). So my question is:

Is there some kind of script that will either, prevent iCal from emailing the events like that, or one that removes that text/note from OmniFocus, or even from the email itself just before OF grabs it?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by FMiguélez; 2011-07-21 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: Changing the status to Resolved issue