The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request Petition :-) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

There is a feature that I have requested several times over the years and it remains a huge thorn for me so I though that I would try again. I use OmniOutliner for relatively large projects. For instance, my current project is in excess of 20 pages long. Roughly 70% of the items on the list are marked completed. An old list manager that I used in the pre-OS X days, called InControl, had the option to hide/unhide completed items.

This would be such a huge improvement for OmniOutliner. I am constantly scrolling through hundreds of completed items that I cannot delete because they have data that I'll need for future reference but I do not need to look at on an hourly basis.

If you agree with me, please state so on this thread and perhaps the developers will take notice.

Well, I've heard from the Product Manager who said that this feature is due to be added, so I guess this little bit of forum anarchy isn't necessary.

Thanks for playing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalmacs View Post
Well, I've heard from the Product Manager who said that this feature is due to be added, so I guess this little bit of forum anarchy isn't necessary.

Thanks for playing!
That was back in Nov 2008. So where is it?....

This seems to be almost fundamental to an outliner/task list with checkboxes.

So frustrating!

Last edited by rml; 2009-06-15 at 02:23 PM..

The way to get things bumped up in priority is to request them via Help->Send Feedback or email to omnioutliner@omnigroup.com. Posting on the forum doesn't do it unless some kind Omni soul happens to go to the trouble of entering your request in their database (which is easily done with incoming email, but not forum posts).

I think OmniOutliner works okay for smaller projects and even some larger ones, but OmniFocus or OmniPlan would be the tools I would reach for with larger projects where this sort of feature might be needed.