The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Search for terms Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a project called 'Stud Wall'

Yet when I enter the term 'stud' in the search box, I get no response.

What am I misunderstanding?

peter

At present, the search box searches only items that are currently selected by your view bar settings. What happens if you use the "All items" perspective and then enter "stud"?

Or even just make sure you have "Library" selected in the sidebar rather than a subfolder. The "All Items" perspective is even more comprehensive and includes completed and on hold items.

-Dennis

thanks Brian and Dennis, they both work

:-)

tbh I would prefer that any search defaults to 'all items', with the option to filter the search as secondary.

peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemer View Post
I would prefer that any search defaults to 'all items', with the option to filter the search as secondary.
I thinks that's the plan for a future release of OmniFocus (maybe 1.2), perhaps with a pulldown menu on the left end of the search field that allows you to switch between all items and the sidebar selection, defaulting to all items.

-Dennis

thx dennis - I'm too new here to know what the OF upgrade cycle is like :-)

peter