The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Help with Keyboard Shortcut Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Using the Keyboard preference pane in the System Preferences application, I assigned the keyboard shortcut "Control-D" to the Edit:Sort:By Due Date menu command. (I use this command all the time to rapidly sort lists of actions in Project Mode.)

Once, I accidentally hit the same keyboard shortcut ("Control-D") while I had selected several projects in the sidebar and I received a warning message that I was about to delete a bunch of hidden actions. I searched all through the OmniFocus menu hierarchy but could not find where the "Control-D" shortcut was otherwise assigned.

I would really like to find the menu command where this keyboard shortcut is already being used and change it to something else so that I don't accidentally delete a bunch of tasks/projects/contexts because my keyboard shortcuts got ahead of me. Can anyone shed any light on where it may be?

Apple support article HT1343 - OS X keyboard shortcuts list Control-D as a system shortcut to "Delete the character in front of the cursor".

The entry is under the "Application and other OS X shortcuts" table.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1343?v...S&locale=en_US