The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus 1.7 Language App + Toolbar Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm running OmniFocus 1.7 (rev 117494).

I'm German, but like many other Germans I don't like the german translation of the App. Reason for this is not that the translation is bad, the reason is in fact that the english terminology for GTD is much much better.

(Background: the german translation of the GTD book is IMHO a pain in the butt, and I guess all "serious" GTDers in Germany read the english book and are used to the english terminologies).

With OmniFocus 1.6.1 I could de-activate "German" in the Informations of the OmniFocus App and would experience a fully english app.

With 1.7 sneaky peeks this is possible, too (of course), but the toolbar partly remains german (which is not nice).

I would highly appreciate if you could fix this.

And I would even appreciate more highly when you could offer a working way to let my OmniFocus for iPhone app run in english without having to set my whole iPhone language settings to englisch or to two languages (which results in a worse keyboard layout).

Thx.

And after all: Thank you so much for developing OmniFocus. This piece of software (and GTD) saves my butt each and every day!

You can override your system language the language preference for just OmniFocus by entering this command in Terminal:

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus AppleLanguages -array en
To remove the override, use this command:

Code:
defaults remove com.omnigroup.OmniFocus AppleLanguages -array en
This also works on the iPhone, but obviously you don't have a Terminal window there! Instead, try following the special links on the Change OmniFocus Language page.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by say-ho View Post
With 1.7 sneaky peeks this is possible, too (of course), but the toolbar partly remains german (which is not nice).
Oh, I just went back and looked at your screenshot and realized why part of your Terminal is still in German (and why it will continue to be even after my "defaults write" suggestion): it's because your built-in perpectives were originally added to your database with German names.

You can fix this by opening the Perspectives window and double-clicking on the names to rename them to whatever you like.

Awesome. That did it.

Big Thx