The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

sending e-mail to SyncServer Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi!
Very new to OF and syncing. Just setup the omnisync and it works just fine. As there is very little documentation about this Beta service, I was wondering if it is possible or will be possible to send e-mails including tasks to the sync server inbox.
Being able to send thoughts, information etc. when not having access to OF is very useful. Also, it opens the Windows/outlook channel as well for sending things to the inbox in OF.

Thank you for a great product,
Shahram

+1 for this.

I have been thinking about this as well. I use a blackberry and an iPhone, in addition to my mac as well. I mostly carry my blackberry, therefore I will like to be able to shot e-mails directly into OmniFocus, and have them synced with my database regardless of Mail.app being open and doing the job.

regards,

Another +1. Toodeldo has something like this -- they give you a 'secret' email address with the service that lets you send items to your inbox or to projects/contexts like OF's Mail.app rules syntax. This would be a great addition to the Omni Sync Server. You may want to send in a feedback feature request so they can track demand.

Last edited by cgriffin; 2010-10-08 at 06:56 AM..