The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Private betas/SP available to forum users? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
I hope we will be starting private betas (perhaps sneaky peeks) next week.

There have been some regressions in the process--but it does have a version of WebKit from 12 days ago (instead of February).
Just wondering if the pb/sp will be available to any forum users? Looking forward to the release (earlier SPs were so stable I'm not too concerned about running any pre-release versions).

Yes, we hope to release a sneaky peek here on the forums soon, stay tuned!

Yay! My Basecamp is looking forward to this one!

Wouldn't 5.5.1 just be bug fixes because its such a small version number increase.

Or are there to be a new feature(s)?

We're rolling an updated webkit into 5.5.1 which is causing the hang up. No new features from us but WebKit has new form elements that are causing a few problems for us, we've also had to re-fix some broken features due to the WebKit update like favicons, and ad blocking.

The main obstacle for us to get through are the form elements , they've changed drastically and there are some bugs in webkit yet to be worked out--they work--they just have some quirks at the moment.

Oh and the zoomed editor is broken again, doh!

The sneaky peek will likely be coming out before they're all fixed because there have been a lot of improvements thanks to the webkit update like support for Basecamp and Drosera can now be attached to OmniWeb for JavaScript debugging (although it wont be integrated in quite yet).

Last edited by troyb; 2006-10-04 at 05:19 PM..

Thanks Troy. Sounds like a lot of work! Looking forward to 5.5.1 SP. Hope the form editor is working again soon, however. That's one feature I love.

Quote:
Oh and the zoomed editor is broken again, doh!
This is a nice feature, alright. But frankly, if it stands in the way of progress and the ability to stay current, I say let it go.

We just have to rethink it a little, it wont be going away.

Handycam, your idea of progress sure is different than mine. I think removing the features and functions that OW offers, in place of making it more Safari-like, is not progress.

I agree with the above poster.

This being software whose license I have paid for, I would not like seeing features that swayed me into purchasing a license to disappear.