The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Return" behavior when adding/editing entry Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, i've been trying OmniFocus for few days and overall i'm happy with it - However, there's one thing i find really annoying when adding/editing entries:

Pressing "return" will create a new entry - good - Now, after typing in the text in all fields i press "return" and a new item gets created (or a new line is added when editing notes), but i don't want a new item - I want this "return" to get me out of editing mode and just select this entry i just created w/o adding a new one (or new line in notes) ... A 2nd "return" should add a new entry...

I hope my explanation makes sense - any tip on how to do that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Escape key ends editing without creating a new row.

There is a pref for this (what return should do), but you can always use CMD-S

-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Escape key ends editing without creating a new row.
yeah i'm trying to use Esc now, but i'm so used to just pressing enter (feels more natural) that i always end up with a new entry that i don't want - It would be nice if we can change this behavior in prefs, or maybe add a modifier key for creating new entries:
- <enter> to get out of txt editing mode and select current entry
- <cmd+enter> to get out of txt editing mode and create new entry

Just a suggestion...

Thanks,
-Sam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptone View Post
There is a pref for this (what return should do), but you can always use CMD-S

-P
I think the Prefs and <cmd+s> work only for quick entry, not for adding entries in main OmniFocus window...

Thanks
-S.