The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Project set to start on a particular day Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Can anyone share a code snippet (or complete script) that would show how many projects are set to start on a particular day? What I would like to do is capture how many project a scheduled to start on each over the next 10 days and dump the answers to a text file that would look like:

Tomorrow: 14
9/3/08 - 10
9/4/08 - 30
9/5/08 - 1
9/6/08 - 7

etc....

My goal is to have this list available os I can do a couple of things. First in this example not schedule anything for 9/4/08. And then during some free time rebalance 9/4 maybe moving some of the task due there to 9/5.

Make sense?

Thanks in advance,

George

George,

OF doesn't include many commands to getting items nested in the project-folder-task hierarchy. You have to use recursion to "walk" the tree. My Verify Next Actions Exist script walks the tree looking for projects without next actions. It should be possible to change it to look for projects with due dates within the next few days. You can grab the script from my software page.

Curt