The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How To Create A Private (Password Protected) Project? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My wife and I share our OmniFocus database. We have a bunch of projects and tasks associated with those which we review on a monthly basis. I'd like to create a project that she cannot access like "Christmas Gift Ideas" or "Surprise Weekend Getaway".

Is there a way to password protect a single project?

Thanks!

No.

What you can do is have a separate database (stored in an encrypted disk image if you really want to secure it), where you only keep your "private" project(s). It won't be synced anywhere, however, and you'll have to open it by hand to view the contents, because they won't show up in your regular database.

Brian describes the technique here: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...52&postcount=4