The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Stupid question: sidebar nav.. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ok, just upgraded to Mavericks so now I can play again. Opened my 41 section outline and clicked on one of the sections in the sidebar. Now I'm stuck. I can't seem to get back to see the entire document again. I can click on each section and see them, but clicking on "contents" at the top does nothing.

What am I missing?

Thanks, Scott

It's not intuitive, but click on the empty space below your last section in the sidebar, and all the sections will appear in your outline.

Why it's the empty white space instead of the word Contents, is beyond me.

We have not yet finished implementing our latest round of changes for the section list.

In the next build (available within the next few hours), clicking on the "Contents" header in the sidebar will reset your focus to include the entire document.

Discussion regarding this topic is here, for anyone interested in a UX debate/usability surrounding this feature.

Thanks all. Glad this was a temp issue.

Scott