The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Restrict the overdue style to the due date solely Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
As the display gets busier, I wonder if it would be helpful to have a UI feature for highlighting the highlights.

I'm imagining a toolbar widget with "toggle switches" for highlighting due, soon, next, singleton, missing NA, etc. Here's how I imagine this working:
  • If a switch is off, then the corresponding highlight is not applied.
  • Pressing a switch would temporarily apply its highlighting but at higher intensity or perhaps with some special OmniDazzle flair. (Pixie dust in OF? The mind boggles.)
  • Double-clicking a switch would turn on that particular kind of highlighting at the normal, muted intensity. Multiple kinds of highlighting could be on at the same time.
  • Pressing an already-on switch would again boost the intensity or trigger the flair.
  • Double-clicking a switch that was on would turn it off.

Is there precedence for this approach? Does it make any sense from a graphic design standpoint?

Curt