The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Styles for pasted text Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just want to make sure I understand this correctly ...

Let's say I have set Helvetica 14 as my style for a Level Two item. If I copy Arial 12 text from another source, and paste it into a Level Two item with Shift-Alt-Command-V (Paste & Match Style), then the previously Arial 12 text will become Helvetica 14 text in my outline.

However, if I paste with a simple Command-V, then the text in my outline will appear as Arial 12.

Now ... if I position the cursor in such a way as to select the Item, the Inspector still shows Helvetica 14, even though the text is Arial 12. But when I position the cursor to select the actual text, then the Inspector shows Arial 12.

And here's my question: am I correct that the only way to change that Arial to Helvetica 14 is by selecting just the text and changing the font? In other words, if there were several items whose font I wanted to change because I didn't use Paste & Match Style, then I'd have to go into each item, one by one, manually select the text and change the font in the inspector. There's no way to batch change them.

Yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbar View Post
And here's my question: am I correct that the only way to change that Arial to Helvetica 14 is by selecting just the text and changing the font? … There's no way to batch change them.
There's a much easier way! Select all the rows you want to fix, then use Clear Style from the Format menu (keyboard shortcut Control-Command-Delete) to clear all of their embedded styles.

Hope this helps!

Cannot believe I forgot that. Totally works.

Many thanks.

By the way, it'd be great to have an icon for that in Customize Toolbar. I'd be using it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbar View Post
By the way, it'd be great to have an icon for that in Customize Toolbar. I'd be using it all the time.
+1 - Been looking for that!

OK, how do I select all the rows of a particular level? What I want to do is make all the rows of a particular level the same style. Thru pasting or some other method I have managed to have some rows with 14 pt font and others with 13. I want them all to be 13 pt. I can't seem to make that happen without going to each row, selecting the text, and setting it to 13 pt.

What am I missing?

Are there existing styles you want to preserve? If not, the easiest way would be:
-Select a row
-cmd-a to select all rows
-Format > Clear Style to remove all styling from them
-Open the sidebar and select one of the "Level # Rows" in the Styles section and change the font size.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.