The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Exporting Bookmarks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Although OW is my favorite browser, I find that I can't use it on a number of my most-visited sites, so I end up using Safari or Camino. Is there a method of exporting bookmarks to other browsers? I see that you can import them but I'd like to be able to find my Omniweb bookmarks when I am using Safari. Am I blind and just missing the right button? Can someone help me out. TIA

Hi, you should be able to just import your OmniWeb bookmarks into Safari directly. You can find them here:

~/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5/

If you use bookmark syncing I'd suggest turning this off first so your latest bookmarks get copied to the folder above. Otherwise, they're in a subfolder called "ServerBookmarks".

The files you want are named Bookmarks.html and Favorites.html.

Yes, I do this often. It works very nicely. Safari imports OW bookmarks very reliably. A few characters get garbled. That's about all.

Search Macupdate for Bookit. It will import to/from just about any browser, and not garble special characters in the process like Safari.