The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniPresence
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnipresence for omnioutliner Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am currently participating in the omnipresence beta program, as well as the OF2 Beta program. I also use Omnioutliner 3 professional (awaiting OO4). I am aware that both of the apps I use have their own internal syncing solutions, so do not use omnipresence.

Will that change? I am only using your sync server for omnifocus because I encountered snags using OF sync by webdav. (It was a while ago, required installing homebrews, etc to get it to work, I am now on ML with the Server.app-- a PITA BTW-- I moved most server functionality back to my linux servers)

I recently started using OO for ipad and mac together, and the websav syncing is VERY clunky. I have to remember to save and close the document when I am on the desktop, then when I am on the iPad remember I have made changes and make a wholesale file replacement, and then remember to go and "share" the file with myself to put it on the server BEFORE I reopen the desktop application. It is very cumbersome and errror-prone.

It would be much better if the OO application worked like your video for OmniGraffle does-- seamless syncing via your omnipresence solution.

As for OF2, omnipresence support is not necessary as it has a robust background syncing solution already in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorvek View Post
It would be much better if the OO application worked like your video for OmniGraffle does-- seamless syncing via your omnipresence solution.
If you grab today's v1.5 update to OmniOutliner for iPad, you'll find it adds automatic document syncing through OmniPresence. Enjoy!

woo hoo! Now get me an iPhone version of OO and we'll be all set.

Worked seamlessly.