The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Change default time in Due Date? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I enter Due Dates for actions, the default time that pops up is 12:00 AM. Generally I want to set the Due Date time to be something like 5:00 PM (i.e. must finish by the end of the day that it's due).

Is there a way to change the default time under Due Date?

Yes, under the "Data" tab in the preferences.

Note that this won't change the due date on existing actions, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Yes, under the "Data" tab in the preferences.

Note that this won't change the due date on existing actions, of course.
"Of course" is in the eye of the beholder.

Last evening, as I was reviewing OmniFocus 1.1SP preferences, I noticed "Default Time for Due Dates," which I know has been there for quite some time. I realized I'd like to try using 3:00 PM as my default time instead of 5:00 PM.

5:00 PM just rolled around, and Growl popped up warnings of two overdue tasks. At that moment, I realized my new Default Time applies only to new actions. All of my existing actions have a hardwired "5:00 PM" due time. Grumble. I'm not about to manually change all of those times to 3:00 PM, especially since I may discover 3:30 or 4:00 PM works better.

I'd much prefer "Default Time for Due Dates" to be saved as a global value, to be used whenever OmniFocus needs that time for whatever reason (e.g., display, Growl warnings). When I specify a due date without providing an explicit time, OmniFocus records the time as "default (to be evaluated dynamically)."

If some users may prefer the current behavior, a "Dynamic / Hardwired" option could accompany Default Time for Due Dates.

[submitted as formal feedback]