The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hide projects when in context perspective Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I go into context view mode (i.e. context appear on the left side), the right hand pane shows projects and actions. Is there any way to have it only show actions and not projects?

There's a little gear at the right end of the column headings (might have to do View->Show View Bar to see it). Click on that, then de-select the Project column option. If you want, save as a new or updated perspective.

Hi whpalmer, sorry I wasn't clear in my initial post. I'm not referring to the project column. I'm referring to the fact that projects appear as line items on the main pane, exactly as the actions do. The only visible difference between an action and a project in this list, is a very faint background color difference (projects have a gray background, actions have a white background).

Since projects aren't actionable items, I have no idea why they are appearing in the same list as actions. When I filter on a context list, I want to see only the actions I can perform at that context. I don't want to be bothered by higher up project names.

See View->Hide Parent Items in Context View, or display just Available actions.

For more on the concept, see http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...78&postcount=2

Thanks for the reply.

I found two other ways to do this as well:
  • Make the project's type "single actions"
  • Add a dummy action to the project, so that it has at least one action in it

It seems that the projects are only shown in context mode when they don't have any actions underneath them and their type isn't "single actions".