The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Script: Filtered export to iThoughtsHD & OPML (& .txt) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Took a quick look at it.
Ver 016 should now inherit colours and shapes of both root and level 1 branches from any specified template itm or itmz template.

If your template sets the inherited shapes option, levels 2 onwards will inherit the level 1 shapes.

(I seem to be getting the effect that you are after by specifying the SquareDarkWire template attached below, and something analogous but lighter with the RedOrthog.itmz template below)

(The image also illustrates why one might prefer to switch off the export of links - jumping to the corresponding OF object can be useful, but those globes are quite distracting …)

--
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RedOrthog.png
Views:	963
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	2557  
Attached Files
File Type: zip SquareDarkWire.itmz.zip (2.0 KB, 862 views)
File Type: zip RedOrthog.itmz.zip (1.8 KB, 849 views)

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-09-30 at 04:48 PM..

This is perfect Rob, thank you so much. Now shapes and colors are inherited correctly, and like you suggested I removed the links so I don't get the globe icons.

Looking forward to trying a version that writes to .itmz; when you choose "Download and Sync" from iThoughts, you have to put in an additional .itmz file for the app to sync -- apparently, .itm files can be read, but new versions (generated by the script) won't trigger a sync in iThoughts. I think .itmz will do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viticci View Post
.itm files can be read, but new versions (generated by the script) won't trigger a sync in iThoughts. I think .itmz will do it.
That's interesting - thanks for the feedback.

Ver 017 (in first post) adds ITMZ

Ver 018 actually compresses the file, rather than simply storing it uncompressed in a zip (ITMZ) archive.

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-10-01 at 02:38 AM.. Reason: Ver 18 applies zip compression

Great. Version 017 indeed generates .itmz files that can be synced without downloading every time. Thanks Rob!

Version 018 working flawlessly as well.

Last edited by viticci; 2012-10-01 at 04:37 AM..

Just noticed -- stuff like "TIM €19" shows up as "TIM €19" when opening the plain text export in the browser (say, a .txt hosted on Dropbox). When you save the file to a Mac, it is converted again to €.

Browser is Safari 6.0.1. on Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

Thanks - I'll take a look at the UTF encoding options. May need to have two different TXT exports.

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-10-01 at 05:39 AM..

The UTF-8 encoding seems to be fine.

You may be encountering a browser settings issue. In Safari, for example, you could try Preferences > Advanced > Default encoding > Unicode (UTF-8)

Might be some weird Dropbox.com edge case. If I preview the file from Dropbox.com, I get the encoding error. If I save the file, and re-open it through Safari, it displays correctly. My encoding is set to UTF-8.

Edit: Also happens when viewing the .txt file in the Dropbox app for iOS.

Last edited by viticci; 2012-10-01 at 06:13 AM..

Yes, I think the problem is with Dropbox and its default text assumptions.

I'm finding that Safari is immediately able to correctly view the freshly written file in a Dropbox folder, without any need for transformative saving. (As long as Safari's default text encoding is UTF-8)

Viewed through the Dropbox web interface, however, even in Safari, you need to manually choose View > Text Encoding > Unicode before it is correctly displayed. They seem to be serving up the text with a different default assumption, and perhaps that culture/policy is replicated in their iOS app.

As a quick test case - it turns out that the Dropbox web interface similarly fails to correctly display a piece of text saved directly (with UTF-8 encoding), by TextMate …

(Always good to check these things though - thanks for drawing it to my attention).