The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > AppleScripting Omni Apps
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Applescripting Text Attachments? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi-

I'm a newbie to Omnioutliner 3, using the Beta 4 release. I had a question about manipulating Text Attachments with Applescript. First off, I'm assuming that a Text Attachment is the button displayed in the screen grab below:

When I try to "explore" these in Script Debugger or "get" them via a script, I get some variant of:

Anyone know whether I'm having trouble with OO3, my knowledge of Applescripting and OO3, and/or Script Debugger and OO3?

Many thanks, Charles
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.png
Views:	1321
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	967   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	1384
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	968  

How about sending along your code so we can have a look?

Well, here you go:

tell application "OmniOutliner Professional"
get file name of text attachment 1 of text 1 of cell 2 of leaf 1 of document 1
end tell

Thanks for your interest!

Charles

Ken Case's recent posting on this thread may be relevant.

Hi Rob-

Thanks for the pointer, but I think OmniOutliner handles things a bit differently. AFAIK, there isn't any "link" attribute to a style in OO3.

I have gotten a bit farther on my own, very crude, this snippet will write the text, but the file name isn't recognized:

Code:
set f1 to POSIX file "/Users/cturner/Desktop/212 project list.txt"

tell application "OmniOutliner Professional"
  tell document 1
    tell row 1
      tell cell 2
        tell text 1
          make new text attachment with properties {file name:f1, text:"deadbeef"} at after word 5
        end tell
      end tell
    end tell
  end tell
end tell
So, still looking for knowledge!

Thanks again, Charles

Sorry, OmniOutliner 3 doesn't support scripting attachments yet; we plan to add that support for OmniOutliner 4 (based on the work we've done in OmniFocus).

That's fine. Thanks for the quick clarification!

Best, Charles