The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cliff's Task from Email Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Cliff,

Right now the script Doesn't seem to Copy the entire content of the email into the task. Is this something that could be added?

I'm also the one that asked you for the line to bring OF to foreground after sending the task, works great, thanks.

Thanks

Hawkcode,

I changed the default text inclusion mode to "selected text", but it seems to be flakey. I'm planning to change the default mode to "entire contents" in the next release. In the interim, you can make the change yourself by following the instructions included with the scripts (see "Settings").

(BTW, that's Curt, not Cliff. I get that all the time. The curse of having two first names. I'm not miffed; just wanted to squash the Cliff meme.)

Curt

I'm having trouble reaching Curt's web site to download these scripts. Is it just me, or is the site down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
I'm having trouble reaching Curt's web site to download these scripts. Is it just me, or is the site down?
The site was down. It seems to be back up now. (I'm out of the States so wasn't able to intervene sooner.)

Curt

Thanks much, Curt. These are great -- helps to close the gap between iGTD and OmniFocus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkcode View Post
I'm also the one that asked you for the line to bring OF to foreground after sending the task, works great, thanks.
Hmmm, I was just about to request that very feature, because it's apparently not working for my installation. I don't know much about AppleScript, but this might be a good time to learn. Can anyone give a hint as to why it might not be working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
Hmmm, I was just about to request that very feature, because it's apparently not working for my installation. I don't know much about AppleScript, but this might be a good time to learn. Can anyone give a hint as to why it might not be working?
The script doesn't activate OF by default. I probably won't add that to the script since it goes against my personal workflow, which is to empty my mail inbox completely before processing my OF inbox.

But you can do this yourself. Find the two lines in the Add OmniFocus Action like this:
Code:
	tell application "OmniFocus"
		set My_Task to actionPrefix & message_subj
change it to this:

Code:
	tell application "OmniFocus"
		activate
		set My_Task to actionPrefix & message_subj

Curt

I've discovered that the "Open Linked Mail Message" and "Update Mail Link to New Format" scripts take the selected action from the first document window, not the frontmost document window. Leading to undesired results when multiple windows are open.

Easy fix. Just change:
Code:
tell document window 1
to:
Code:
tell (the first document window whose index is 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarkley View Post
I've discovered that the "Open Linked Mail Message" and "Update Mail Link to New Format" scripts take the selected action from the first document window, not the frontmost document window. Leading to undesired results when multiple windows are open.

Easy fix. Just change:
Code:
tell document window 1
to:
Code:
tell (the first document window whose index is 1)
Just got back from a long trip, so no time to update at the moment.

That's a strange incantation for the frontmost window. How much did you test that solution? I ask because there was an outstanding bug with OF's scripting interface not correctly returning the frontmost window. I wonder if it's fixed.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Just got back from a long trip, so no time to update at the moment.

That's a strange incantation for the frontmost window. How much did you test that solution? I ask because there was an outstanding bug with OF's scripting interface not correctly returning the frontmost window. I wonder if it's fixed.
Yes, it is strange, but seems to work with a medium amount of testing. And there may well be a better way to do it.

I hit upon this by poking around the dictionary and running some test scripts. I noticed that each window had an property "index" that changed when a different window was brought frontmost. So "document window 2" might well have index 1. The class definition for 'window' says that the index property refers to 'the number of the window'.

So it looks to me like the weird part is just that you *should* be able to refer to the window with index 1 as 'document window 1'.