The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Time Study: Brutal Accountability Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've just discovered a program called Slife which might prove to be an excellent add-on to OmniFocus. I have to admit that sometimes when a project gets stuck or I get overwhelmed, I tend to float to a favorite website— (Like right now!). Or, I can end up spending too much time doing a particular task at the expense of another more important task.

Currently, Slife is running on my computer and it will tell me how much time I have spent on this forum today and even how much time I've spent writing this post. Scary, I know. It will track how much time you have spent in your mail.app in-box and even how many messages are in your inbox.

Slife is compatible with OmniFocus. When you focus on a project, it will record how much time you are looking at that project. It will also show you how much spent in a given perspective or your omnifocus inbox.

This program isn't for everyone— I can't imagine using it all the time, but it might be interesting to use in a limited way. How much time am I actually spending massaging OmniFocus rather than cranking out next actions?

Last edited by steve; 2008-11-20 at 08:12 AM..

I tried Slife in the past and while I liked it it never really stuck.

Another great app i've been using is RescueTime. It's got a web based user interface with a light weight data collection widget. They are also planning to do a web API so you can integrate the data into other applications. Really recommended...

Cool. Thanks for the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexsprite View Post
I tried Slife in the past and while I liked it it never really stuck.

Another great app i've been using is RescueTime. It's got a web based user interface with a light weight data collection widget. They are also planning to do a web API so you can integrate the data into other applications. Really recommended...
Any idea how Slife compares to RescueTime? I've used the latter for a while but it never quite caught on with me..