The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

TimeBoxed / OmniFocus applescript Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

You might have already heard of the application TimeBoxed.
It's a timer with a strong GTD spirit.
It has a really nice and very light interface that allows you to focus on your work, not on the time elapsing. Who needs to be reminded every second that... yes, a second elapsed - you probably have work to do!
Disclaimer: I am the developer.
More details at www.macmation.com/TimeBoxed

I just released a script to get the selected task (or tasks) from OmniFocus, and start a timer in TimeBoxed with the total of the estimated times.
The script also get the name and note of the task, or, if more than one task is selected, the names of all the tasks.

If you want to download the script, you can get it at:
http://www.macmation.com/download/Ti...cript_v1.0.zip

Let me know if you have any other needs. I would be happy to adapt this script.

I re-used some code from this forum to make this script: thank you to everyone who contributed.

Hope you like it.

--
Guillaume
www.macmation.com

Hi Lutin,

I am using timeboxed which looks really promising. An additional thing that would make the OF script even better is if the current task that you are (supposed) to be working on appeared in a growl bubble.

Great job. I don't know how to combine applescripts, but I'm going to try.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi. Great script! I really enjoy using TimeBoxed along with OmniFocus however, my timer isn't fetching the name or note of the task — just the time or total time instead. I'm running OS X 10.8.2 with OmniFocus 1.10.2

Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Growl has changed a bit since then - worth asking the maker of TimeBoxed.