The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Few suggestions.. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been using OmniGraffle usefully.
But sometimes I feel inconvenient using the app.

Suppose that I'm going to draw SHAPE1 and SHAPE2 which are in middle of the scroll side by side.

When I draw SHAPE1 and touch stencil button top-right of the screen,
Scroll is not in the position I touch SHAPE1.
So I have to scroll again to find SHAPE1 and SHAPE2.
This is very unnecessary operation, I think.

I think it would be more convenient if scroll position is kept when I touch stencil. And when I touch the stencil name(top of the panel), its scroll position becomes top.

Thank you.

I agree on this. I've been trying to think of the most elegant way to handle the palettes obscuring the work area (a fairly serious UI issue IMO). I usually end up zooming in so that the palettes do not cover the area completely but this should be unecessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid0 View Post
Suppose that I'm going to draw SHAPE1 and SHAPE2 which are in middle of the scroll side by side.

When I draw SHAPE1 and touch stencil button top-right of the screen,
Scroll is not in the position I touch SHAPE1.
So I have to scroll again to find SHAPE1 and SHAPE2.
This is very unnecessary operation, I think.
You're right, that is an unnecessary operation. Instead of dragging the stencil to the canvas, double-tap it. The stencil window will remain unchanged, and you can now tap on the next shape. When you have them all on the screen, arrange as desired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
You're right, that is an unnecessary operation. Instead of dragging the stencil to the canvas, double-tap it. The stencil window will remain unchanged, and you can now tap on the next shape. When you have them all on the screen, arrange as desired.
Great response, I misunderstood the original post. Cheers :)