The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Email reminders Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Can I get Omnifocus tasks emailed to me as reminders?

If so, what are the steps in setting this up?

With a bit of tinkering, you could set up a perspective that shows the desired subset you want mailed to you, and an Applescript that "prints" the contents of that perspective to an email addressed to you. Then set up a repeating action in iCal with the script as the alert action.

Personally, I would just have iCal open the perspective at the target time; the perspectives are stored in Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/Perspectives in your home directory, and double-clicking on one (or having iCal do it) will pop up a new OmniFocus window in that perspective, even launching the application first if necessary.

Not sure if this is what the OP is looking for, but Growl also has the ability to send reminders by email. So any Growl-triggering event in OmniFocus could be emailed as well.

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
Not sure if this is what the OP is looking for, but Growl also has the ability to send reminders by email. So any Growl-triggering event in OmniFocus could be emailed as well.
Boy, that'd guarantee I'd never get anywhere near Inbox Zero! Though seeing as how I've got 46,029 unread messages in my Inbox, it isn't too likely anyhow, barring some sort of catastrophic server failure :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Boy, that'd guarantee I'd never get anywhere near Inbox Zero! Though seeing as how I've got 46,029 unread messages in my Inbox, it isn't too likely anyhow, barring some sort of catastrophic server failure :-)
46K unread messages?! That's a serious email backlog, my friend. You'd better get reading. :-)

But I agree; Growl email alerts would be overload for my system too. In fact, I don't have Growl sending any email at all. I just remember seeing it had the capability.

I suppose one could configure Growl to just email key events, depending on the granularity provided by OmniFocus. That might help reduce the clutter.

FWIW, I think Growl can also send alerts via SMS, if email's not enough. ;-)

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexattend View Post
Can I get Omnifocus tasks emailed to me as reminders?

If so, what are the steps in setting this up?
Try this:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=12624

I just wrote this. Toodledo has the ability to email reminders (SMS as well) and this script leverages that.

J.